Saturday, November 5, 2011

Le Cap Vert

It's always fun when someone you know decides to stop by in the city you live and take you out for a quick bite to catch up. However, the best part is always deciding where to eat! One thing that I absolutely love about Montreal is that the places where one can eat are endless. Anything from a little cafe to a large franchise and everything in between can be found within the streets of the city. Although my goal is to try out every restaurant, I know this is unreasonable so I can only say that I've been to the spare few restaurants that I can afford on a student budget. To reiterate, this is why it's great when people come and take you out.

The people who stopped by were old family friends from back home (Connecticut) who came up to celebrate the birthday of their boss. I met up with them at around noon and conducted a brief tour of McGill and it's grounds until we found ourselves walked down McGill College towards Sainte Catherine's. My friend had suggested a small little bistro named Le Cap Vert, telling me that it had wonderful food that everyone could enjoy.

As we walked in, the small bistro gave off a lovely scent of freshly baked goods which heightened our hunger even more. We sat down and received the menu, which luckily enough was bilingual. Most of the family ordered a Croque Monsieur while I had a smoked salmon sandwich with some french fries on the side. As we sat chit-chatting and catching up, the food finally arrived and I was pleasantly surprised with what was presented on the plates. Surprisingly, the sandwiches were all made with pita bread and the fries were extremely crispy, which might not suit others but is a style I absolutely love. Some of the other members sitting at the table had chicken (which was also given a good rating), and the Croque Monsieurs which were delightful as well. None of us managed to finish our plates and we were all quite full as we walked outside the door.

Although the bistro isn't Zagat rated or said to be the best in the world, I definitely suggest to those who enjoy a simple lunch to go and check it out. With great prices, great food, and a great atmosphere, who wouldn't want to?

Treasure #5: The bistro Le Cap Vert

2 comments: